If you are not a big fan of juice cleanses, you can opt to slowly increase your intake of certain foods that will help your body to detoxify, while at the same time, limiting your intake of “toxic” foods. Even though our bodies are naturally programmed to detoxify us, it is also necessary to take further steps to help eliminate the toxins that we absorb on a daily basis through the environment, animal products, processed foods, and pollution. So look no further than Mother Nature to help you in your detoxification process.
• Cauliflower: Not only is this cruciferous veggie versatile when it comes to finding ways to cook it, but it is also rich in antioxidants that reduce inflammation and aid your body in detoxification.
• Broccoli: Besides delivering a healthy dose of vitamins, this crucifer is a potent detoxifier that neutralizes and eliminates the toxins from your body.
• Grapefruit: Ahe soluble fiber and pectin found in this citric fruit helps with the cleansing of the colon and aids in the detoxification process. It’s also great for stimulating the digestive system, reducing bloating and gas.
• Cucumbers: Composed of 95% water, this nutrient dense vegetable helps alkalize the body and flushes toxins out of your system.
• Lentils: Lentils make it easier for the body to get rid of toxins due to its high levels of fiber.
• Turnip Greens: A cruciferous vegetable that is also a powerful detoxifier, turnip greens aid in the prevention of many types of cancer and are wonderful for reducing inflammation.
• Steel Cut Oats: Keep you satiated and your digestive system moving with its high soluble and insoluble fiber content.
• Sunflower seeds: Because they are high in Vitamin E and selenium, these seeds aid the liver in its ability to detox potentially harmful molecules.
• Hemp seeds: An excellent source of Omega-3 and 6 fatty acids, this plant-based protein has a strong anti-inflammatory effect that helps in the elimination of toxins.